Imagine, total control of slide velocity, multiple stroke depth positions and dwell—all without loss of energy and accuracy in microns. The Komatsu H1F servo press delivers nearly 3 times more working energy than a conventional mechanical press – but consumes over 30% less electrical energy! The H1F series is also available in solid frame design (“O” frame) for applications where angular deflection is critical. In capacities from 39 to 220 tons, the H1F presses are in stock and ready for immediate delivery. See the H1F in production today!
The H1F-2 Servo -driven Press
Designed for Superior Flexibility and Accuracy
- Ideal for progressive, transfer or manual die operations
- Incorporates modern, state of the art A.C. servo technology into mechanical stamping press designs
- Ability to control slide velocity and direction throughout the stamping work being done. Optimal slide motion can be set for any application
- Maintains working energy throughout stroke regardless of slide velocity
- Provides ability to dwell at position to allow timing of secondary work within the press production cycle
- Improved part quality
- Increased die life
- Ability to program multiple motion paths before returning to either top dead center or programmable cycle start position (Pendulum Mode)
- Automatically maintain and adjust slide position to assure either consistent die height or load (tonnage)
- Elimination of high maintenance mechanical components like the Clutch-Brake unit and Rotary Union air connection
- Reduces die tryout time and expense
- Saves energy cost by reducing electricity consumption
A Higher Level of Standard Equipment for Increased Performance
- S. standard bolster and slide machining (JIC)
- Heavy plate, rigid frame construction
- Available in optional solid side-frame design
- Pre-machined, heavy-duty cast slide with removable adapter plate
- Precision oil-lubricated long 6-point gibs
- Automatic lubrication of main drive components
- Quick-responding, dependable hydraulic overload protector
- Shock-resistant, pendant-mounted control
- T-stand for easy set-up and operation
- 200 Job storage memory
- Safety block with control system interlock
- Air counter-balance system
- Safety block with inerlock
- Air counter-balance system
Komatsu engineering has combined today’s modern A.C. servo technology into mechanical press design to provide a versatile, efficient and reliable solution to the changing demands of today’s pressroom, which incorporates a standard catalog listed servo motor from a proven motor and control system manufacturer. No proprietary servo motors or servo motor controllers are used. The main gear and drive pinion gear have helical cut gear teeth. Shaft connection to the main gear is by spline cut teeth, not a taper key and key way. The crankshaft is supported by bearings before (front) and after (rear) the pitman connection cap and at the driven end of the shaft with the main gear.
Accuracy Within Microns
A Linear Scale is mounted to the frame of the press and monitors the slide position to assure repeatable die height consistency at the bottom of the stroke where the work is being done. The linear scale is mounted to a sub-frame, fixed at the bottom to assure slide position accuracy and allowed to “float” at the top while the press frame is under load.
Auto Die Height Adjustment
When selected by the user, the linear scale continuously monitors the slide position to assure consistent die height (slide face to bolster top). The two (2) strain gauges of the electronic load monitor system read the tonnage applied every stroke. As both the linear scale and strain gauges send data to the control, the operator can select to either control the die height or the applied tonnage. Die height adjustments and tonnage settings are automatically made during the continuous mode operation of the press.
Centralized Recirculating Lubrication System
Constant pressurized flow of oil reaching the bearings, journals, and gibs, which then flows into a recovery tank equipped with dual filtering before reuse.
Drive System and Control
Komatsu AC servo technology. Dual timing belts are used to couple the servo motor to the drive train, which are constantly monitored electronically for motion and breakage. The belts help to isolate the servo motor from the reverse shock (snap through) inherent to stamping blanking type operations.
A manual pulse control is mounted on the front side of the operator “T” stand for use in the Jog mode of operation. This control allows the operator to ”micro-step” the slide stroke motion, in either the Up or Down direction. Useful in initial die tooling set up, and process verification. The manual pulse control is used in conjunction with either one of the run buttons to maintain the “Two Hand Control” operation requirement for the operator.
Hydraulic Overload Protector
Helps to prevent damage to the press and dies. All Komatsu presses are equipped with a hydraulic overload protector, a standard feature that has been a Komatsu standard for decades helping to protect against damage to the press or tooling. If the rated load of the press is exceeded at BDC (Bottom Dead Center), the press stops automatically. The hydraulic pressure can also be manually released easily, to allow operations to resume quickly if part jamming occurs.
SIT IV® – System Integrated Terminal
Advanced electronics technology provides user-friendly operation and outstanding reliability. The SIT IV electronic press control unit is designed to provide the fastest, easiest, and most reliable control available for all press functions. Included as standard equipment on the Komatsu H1F press, the SIT IV incorporates all the latest thinking in press control unit design.
- All information necessary for press set-up, start-up, operation and diagnostics is available in one display, at the touch of a button.
- Language terminology and graphics are user-friendly, easily understood by the press operator in plain view in one central location on the digital display. Display also includes plain language description of fault messages.
- Multi-Lingual display that is operator selectable between English, Spanish, and Japanese.
- The SIT IV has the ability to integrate with current press room equipment, such as electronic coil feeds.
- Operator “T-stand” control interface houses all switches and push-buttons required for ordinary press set-up and operation, including push buttons for slide height adjustment. Also included is a hand operated micro-stepping slide motion control pulse wheel for “fine” slide motion control in the Die Setup/Jog
- Die Data job storage can store and retrieve motion path and die setting data. Some of the many job functions that are retained in storage include ejector timing, programmable limit switches, die protection detection operation angles, programmed press speed, motion path positions for velocity and dwell changes, and automatic shutheight position, among many others.
- Alpha-numeric entry of die name and memo data for easy cataloging and referencing.
- 4˝ Color Screen
- Digital Production Counters: Total Run, Lot (Batch), Die Maintenance
- Electronic Peak Load (tonnage) Monitor with “break-through” load monitoring available.
- 10-Stage (step) free motion programming
- Eleven Electronic rotary cams
- Pneumatic air ejector with cam angle control
- Operation Mode Selections (located on the Operator “T” stand):
- Home, (2) Off, (3) Inch, (4) Single Stroke, (5) Auto Single Stroke, (6) Continuous, (7) Jog
- Automatic Slide shutheight positioning during Die Change operation
- On-Screen Visual Inspection System (VIS Lite)
- Ethernet port for machine communication capabilities
- Energy Monitor
- Coil Line Interface
- Quick Die Change Interface
Digital display for improved operation performance. Digital display of the crank angle and electronic angle detectors provide increased accuracy for press operations. Operation setting and die set-up functions are easier and faster for press operators, with precise, reliable settings every time. To protect the integrity of all electronic systems and provide additional safety, monitor lamps indicate functionality status of the control circuits and if detected, “fault” messages are displayed on the HMI screen.
- Vibration Isolating Pads
- Die Cushions
- Slide Knockout (mechanical)
- Additional Air Ejector
- Photoelectric Safety Equipment
- E-Stop Receptacle
- Top Stop Receptacle
- 4-Channel Die Protection Monitor
- Quick Die Change System
- Die Space Light
- Remote locatable SIT-IV Pendant
- Visual Inspection System (V.I.S.) – Read and monitor slide motion and velocity, and make adjustments – right from your laptop or PC!
- Automation – Complete turn-key Komatsu designed press systems including coil lines, die carting and systems engineering tailored to your specific application.
Catalog and Specs
The Komatsu Warranty
When a press is designed as a system, it should be expected to perform as a system without routine tear downs for wear. That’s why every Komatsu Press comes with a Two Year Unconditional Warranty on anything that rolls, slides or glows—parts and labor. Unlike other manufacturers, there is no hourly limit—your press is guaranteed to perform 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With Komatsu systems engineering; it’s possible to extract the full potential from your press, and the full revenue potential from every job.