Rasor™ Server V1.1 Software Now Available
This software package is now available for Windows98SE up to Windows 10. The Rasor™ Server V1.1 provides DNC, “Direct Numerical Control”, using the RS232 serial ports to the original Rasor 5×10 and 4×8 Cutting machines. Previously, this capability was only provided on the UnixWare and VENIX workstations.
Note: When using this software on Windows Vista it must be run with Administrator privileges so that it can maintain the data about the serial port configuration.
Optional software that may be installed on same computer includes Rasor Nest or Rasor Report, PathMaster for Windows, and the SofTool 3D Library. The Rasor Server may also be installed on the Rasor Rev controller, so that the original Rasor 5×10 and 4×8 machines can access the same NC files as used on the Rasor Rev.
Features of the Rasor Server software are:
- DNC for up to 10 Rasor Cutting machines. One serial RS232 port is required to connect to each Rasor (Rasor APS requries 2). Normally, PCs have two serial COM ports. (Additional hardware is required for additional ports.)
- OCU Menu File Management
- Postion Correction File Management
- View and Verify NC files.
- View CAD Files (DXF, DWG, and IGES).
- Online User Manual and Help Files.
- Online Rasor Machine Manuals.
- SofTool 2D Shape Library
- SofTool 3D Shape Library (Optional)
- PathMaster for Windows (Optional)
- Media Transfer Services (Optional)
A trial version of Rasor Server for Windows is available for download. You will need you a User ID and Password to download the 8Mb demo version. Call 1-800-707-2767 to get one.
After you have your User ID and Password, Click Here to download the demo version of the Rasor Server for Windows.
Once you have the software installed you will need to enter an activation code to enable the trial period. Call and give us the “Installation Key” number that appears in the “Help | About | Activate…” dialog box, and you will be given the activation code for the trial period. Login to Download Demos:
- Rasor Server
- Rasor Nest
- Rasor Report
Once you have purchased the software you will be sent a security key device that plugs into a USB port. The security key must be installed and a Permanent Activation code must be entered to fully enable the software.